In no particular order . . .
1. I knit. Duh.
2. I’m a Library Director.
3. I’m a Civil War reenactor.
4. I have a wonderful, funny, handsome, loving husband named Dale.
5. I have a 12 year old daughter named Hannah.
6. I have 3 step-children, and 2 step-grandchildren.
7. I will be 40 this year. Blech.
8. I went to Wheaton College in Norton, MA.
9. I got my MLIS at University of Rhode Island.
10. I belong to a quilt group called “The Hungry Quilters.”
11. I drink my coffee black.
12. I like Dirty Grey Goose Martinis, especially with blue-cheese stuffed olives.
13. My favorite season is Spring.
14. I love my iPod.
15. I’ve haven’t caught a keeper striper. Yet.
16. I watch “As the World Turns” every day.
17. My house is neat but my drawers and closets are a mess.
18. I have a yellow labrador retriever named Dixie.
19. I have a Siamese cat named Mason.
20. I scrapbook.
21. I read the ending of a book first. Twisted, I know.
22. I am left-handed.
23. I am Swedish.
24. I make my own pie crust.
25. I drive a big ‘ole Chevy Suburban.
26. I love to wear my husband’s flannel shirts.
27. My favorite color is red.
28. My mother died in 1998 and I still miss her every day.
29. I have worked in public libraries since 1981.
30. I want to live in the mountains someday.
31. I want to meet Oprah.
32. I did not vote for George W. Bush.
33. I find Town Meetings to be fascinating.
34. I really like knitting socks.
35. The biggest bass I’ve ever caught (so far) weighed 9 lbs.
36. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 22.
37. I love email.
38. I have read Pride and Prejudice at least 25 15 times.
39. I like to cook.
40. I was born in Stoughton, Massachusetts in 1965.
41. I have seen Ozzy Osborne in concert.
42. I was an English literature major in college.
43. I have a tattoo. Not many librarians with tattoos.
44. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
45. I believe in ghosts.
46. I am afraid of dentists.
47. I bake when I’m stressed.
48. I think the best pizza in the world comes from the Cape Cod Cafe in Brockton, Massachusetts.
49. I like gadgets.
50. I can knit and read at the same time.
51. I like spicy food.
52. I enjoy a scary movie now and again.
53. I love to be barefoot.
54. I can play the piano.
55. I wish I could sing.
56. I hate laundry.
57. I think the whole red hat thing is stupid.
58. My quilt group and I have sworn to never be a part of the Red Hat society.
59. I feel naked without mascara.
60. I love to play Tetris.
61. I like Florida but wouldn’t want to live there.
62. My astrological sign is Virgo.
63. My first cat was named Simba. This was way before the Lion King, just so you know.
64. I hate milk.
65. I thought I couldn’t eat peanut butter when I had braces. I was wrong. I deprived myself of peanut butter for 2 years for no good reason.
66. I love “Gilligan’s Island” reruns.
67. My birthday is September 21st.
68. I went to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break in 1986.
69. I keep a list of birds I’ve seen. This is called a “life list” among birders.
70. I don’t go swimming much because I don’t like to get my hair wet.
71. I can’t sleep during the day unless I’m sick.
72. I like gardening.
72. I don’t understand the excitement over Nascar.
73. I think reality tv is for dummies.
74. I’m not very curious.
75. I am an over-achiever.
76. I think thank you notes are important.
77. I type really fast.
78. I don’t eat veal.
79. I like summer but I hate humidity.
80. I wish I had curly hair.
81. I stink at sports.
82. I love to waltz with my husband.
83. I believe in God.
84. I got my first job in a library when I was 15.
85. I used to do counted cross stitch. The backs of my pieces were as neat as the fronts. This was very important to me but I have no idea why.
86. I adamantly believe in a woman’s right to choose.
87. I like Sunday drives with my husband.
88. I took ballet lessons when I was six. I was terrible.
89. I also took figure skating lessons when I was six. I did better with skating than ballet but I still pretty much sucked.
90. I like to be in charge.
91. I think public libraries are the greatest thing going.
92. I collect snowmen.
93. I have read George Eliot’s Middlemarch. And I liked it.
94. I graduated 30th in my class of 1100.
95. I was voted most intelligent female of my high school class. Obviously, there were 29 girls smarter than me – but they weren’t as popular.
96. I hate to be late.
97. I pass out when I have blood drawn.
98. People say I have a beautiful smile. This is good since it cost my parents a small fortune.
99. I think bridal showers and baby showers are terribly boring unless you’re the one being gifted.
100. I have met the Yarn Harlot.
In no particular order . . .