Happy New Year, everyone! It’s become a tradition for me to post about my finished knits and my upcoming goals for the New Year on January 1st. And you know how I am about tradition so you won’t be surprised to see me doing this again this year, will you?
First, my stats for 2007:
24 pairs of socks
10 pairs mitts/mittens
3 baby accessory items
1 felted bag
That’s 60 knitted items in 200, three more than I finished in 2006!
Now that we’ve seen what I actually did, let’s take a look at what I said I would do.
Goals for 2007:
1. Knit 20 pairs of socks. I knit 18 this year without even trying. I think I can do 20. done and then some
2. Knit a Nancy Bush sock pattern. It’s hard to believe, with all the Nancy Bush books I have, that I’ve yet to actually knit one of her sock patterns. This will be the year. I had actually already done this and didn’t realize it.
3. Overcome my fear of cables by knitting myself a cabled sweater. again, done and then some
4. Knit a pair of mittens from the book Folk Mittens. done but not exactly. I knit mittens from the Selbuvotter book instead but since my point was to knit stranded mittens then I think I can call this goal done.
5. Knit that cabled vest for Dale. I’ll give this one more shot but if I don’t do it this year, it’s coming off the list. done
Goals for 2008
1. Knit another pair of stranded mittens.
2. Knit a sweater for me.
3. Expand my sock knitting techniques. I think it’s time to try toe up, short row heels and short row toes. Just to say I can.
My goal list is shorter this year and I’m not sure what that means. Maybe it’s time to push myself even harder or maybe I’m just happy with my knitting skillz as they are. Whatever the case, I’m sure it will be a year full of wonderful knitting.
How about you? What are your knitting goals for 2007?