I love a good scary movie so when I saw the theme for this week’s Ten on Tuesday I got very excited. Here’s my list of my 10 Favorite Horror Movies, just in time for Halloween.
1. Of course the list has to start with Halloween. Not the umpteen sequels but the first – because it is truly the best. Michael Myers. The name alone gives me the chills.
2. Friday the 13th. Again, the first one. Jason-Jason-Jason-Jason. Arrrrggghhhh.
3. Amityville Horror. The book was scarier than the movie but the movie is still good for a creepy experience.
4. Children of the Corn. Okay, so this one is maybe kind of awful. But Malachi is so vicious and that scene in the coffee shop right at the beginning? Yikes.
5. Dark Night of the Scarecrow. Made for TV and definitely obscure but I still remember watching it when it aired for the first time. Bubba didn’t do it . . . Bubba didn’t do it . . .
6. Psycho. The one, the only. Its a classic and I could watch it over and over again.
7. The Shining. Heeeeeere’s Johnny. ‘Nuff said.
8. The Birds. Another Hitchcock masterpiece. I swear it was on every Sunday afternoon when I was a kid.
9. The Exorcist. This movie scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it. I still won’t watch it if I’m home alone.
10. Silence of the Lambs. I had to include this one for all of us woolly- types.
That’s my list. What movies scare you?