Ten on Tuesday is 10 New Years Resolutions. I’m not a big fan of resolutions but I am a big fan of having something to blog about so I’ll get behind this topic. Here’s a quick and dirty list:
1. Lose weight. Really, is there any other resolution?
2. Exercise more. See number one.
3. Eat smaller portions. Again, see number one. And I’m trying to be realistic with this one. I know I’m not about to give up my favorite comfort foods but maybe I can give up eating such huge amounts of them.
4. Laugh more. One of the reasons I married Dale is because he makes me laugh. I need to capitalize on this.
5. Yell less. Because, you know, yelling is just really very unbecoming. It does get results, though. Which leads me to number six.
6. Learn to get results without yelling. This resolution may be harder than number one, given my family’s history of only reacting I get mad.
7. Plan meals so that we eat out less.
8. Enjoy life. That’s kind of the secret to happiness, right?
9. Keep doing the good things. There’s lots of things I’m good at, no need to change everything.
10. Breathe in, breathe out, move on. One of my favorite Jimmy Buffett songs and a really smart way to approach life.