Now that I’ve (mostly) caught you up on the stuff I finished in the last few weeks (except for a cowl and a hat) I think it’s high time I get to my recap post for 2008.
As always, I’ll start with my stats from 2008:
18 pairs of socks
3 pairs of mitts/mittens
2 dish clothes
2 tea cozies
That adds up to a grand total 47 items. I’m down 13 from last year but I knit 2 more sweaters and 5 more scarves than I did in 2007 and I bet that accounts for the reduction in number of items.
Now let’s look at my knitting goals for 2008 and see how I did.
Goals for 2008:
1. Knit another pair of stranded mittens. Whoops. But I am doing a pair now and I have plans for at least another pair or two this month in celebration of NaKniMitMo.
2. Knit a sweater for me. I knit Twist for myself and I love it so this one is done.
3. Expand my sock knitting techniques. I think it’s time to try toe up, short row heels and short row toes. Just to say I can. Okay, I didn’t try toe up but I did try short row heels again and I decided that I don’t like them. I did try two-socks-at-a-time on one long circular and I didn’t like that either. Frankly, I’ve decided that I’m happy knitting socks the way I knit them and I don’t need to change it.
Goals for 2009:
1. Keep doing what I’m doing. Sweaters, mittens, hats, scarves – I will knit whatever strikes my fancy.
2. Knit at least 18 pairs of socks. I think I need to set a sock number goal to keep my production high on this so that’s why I’m doing. And it’s hardly a chore since socks are my favorite thing to knit.
3. Try intarsia. I have no particular pattern in mind but now that I’m reasonably comfortable with stranded knitting I think it’s time to learn this skill.
4. Learn to crochet enough to add crochet edgings to my knit pieces. I’d really like to knit Thorpe but I’m intimidated by that crochet edge.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.