And this week we have Ten Underrated Movies as our Ten on Tuesday theme. This might be tricky but I’ll give it a shot.
1. Gettysburg. Dale will love me for including this as it’s his favorite movie. And I do think it’s underrated, probably because it’s so friggin’ long. But if you have an interest in the Civil War, I’d really recommend this one.
2. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Cary Grant in 1948. It’s truly the original Money Pit except way way better.
3. Big Night. It’s all about food. Italian food. Need I say more?
4. Starman. It’s corny but I love it. A kinder, gentler alien.
5. That Thing You Do. Maybe it’s because Tom Scott is from our hometown but my family loves this movie.
6. Big Fish. I think this might have been fairly popular when it came out but then it just went away. A seriously great – but genuinely weird – movie.
7. Frequency. Time travel and a heart-warming father and son reunion.
8. Frozen River. Sure, Melissa Leo got an Oscar nomination but beyond that this movie was really overlooked. And it shouldn’t be because it’s really really good.
9. The Great Debaters. I thought for sure this one would get a bunch of Oscar nods but it was completely ignored. I don’t know why because it’s fantastic.
10. Neighbors. Talk about weird! But with Dan Akroyd and John Belushi you just know it has to be good.
You know what? This was hard! I hope you found some movies on this list that you haven’t seen yet and I hope you’ll check them out.