I completely forgot to do a Ten on Tuesday post yesterday. I was so excited to show you the photos from our Plymouth Harbor cruise that I totally missed my weekly contribution. We can’t have that now, can we? Particularly when the topic is about food – my Ten Favorite Places to Eat.
1. Mockingbird Restaurant and Martini Bar. This is my go-to restaurant for special occasion dinners. We almost always go here for my birthday.
2. Crispi’s. A cute little Italian place in the next town over. We took Margene here last October and she approved.
3. Heather’s Place. I think I’ll always call this Pub 106 as that’s what it was until recently. It’s truly just a glorified diner but the food is home cooked and it’s cheap. A great place to go to grab a quick dinner on a week night.
4. T.J. Smith’s Victorian House. It’s only open for dinner on Thursdays and Fridays. Our weekly Kiwanis meetings are here and the food is delicious. Turkey dinners, prime rib, baked haddock and chicken pot pie. The menu is limited but the service is the best anywhere.
5. The Raw Bar. We only get here once a year but it’s a must when we’re on vacation. The lobster rolls are gigantic. And no cell phones allowed. They mean it, too!
6. Cape Cod Cafe. My favorite pizza place in the whole wide world, simply because it’s the pizza I ate as a kid. Pepper and onion is my favorite.
7. Johnny Macaroni’s. Another little Italian place. They have a great antipasto and the wine glasses are big.
8. The Chatta Box. Thai food at it’s finest. Fresh and delicious. I recommend the Tofu Claypot Curry.
9. East Bay Grille. When it’s a special occasion and the weather is fine this restaurant in Plymouth is my favorite place to go. Outdoor dining overlooking Plymouth Harbor. Sigh.
10. Home. Or a friend’s house for dinner. All the restaurants in the world can’t compete with a homecooked meal.