This photo has nothing to do with today’s post. However, since I’ve started using that LinkedWithin gadget I’ve noticed that my Ten on Tuesday posts come up a lot but they don’t look pretty because I don’t usually post a picture on those entries. I’m officially changing my policy on that now. Plus, it gives me a chance to show some of my random photos that never fit in anywhere else. We now return to our regularly scheduled Ten on Tuesday post.
The theme for Ten on Tuesday this week is 10 Favorite Sounds. Ready? Here we go.
1. Dale singing. Mostly I prefer when he sings just to me but I’ll take the public stuff, too.
2. Dale whistling. He does this a lot. I can always tell when he’s about to move from one room to another because he starts whistling.
3. Hannah singing. She’s got herself a very sweet voice and when she sings on stage my heart just bursts with pride.
4. The clinking sound of my friend Diane’s paper clip dish. This one takes some explaining. Diane was my boss for many years at the library where I used to work. She was also my best friend. And she had this glass paper clip dish. It had a cover and whenever she got out a paper clip there would be this little clink as she put the cover back on. It always made me happy when I heard that sound. It meant she was in her office and I could go in and have a chat and we’d share a laugh or work out a problem or just enjoy each others company. She moved to Florida a few years back and I sure do miss her.
5. The electronic beep that the scanner at the library circulation desk makes. It lets me know that people are checking out books and my staff is working hard to serve them. This makes me very happy. Plus, people checking out books = job security.
6. The sound of the ocean. When I was a kid and I used to visit my dad at his house in Maine I used to fall asleep to the sound of the waves against the rocks. I swear I never slept better in my life. And I still love that sound.
7. A baby laughing. Hannah’s was the best one, of course, but really the sound of any baby in the midst of a deep belly laugh makes me smile.
8. Mason’s meows. My cat is quite vocal and expressive. He and I have real conversations, I tell you.
9. Rain on the roof. It’s such a comforting thing to hear the rain on the roof and know that you are safe and dry at home. Unfortunately our bedroom is on the first floor so I don’t get to enjoy this as much as I’d like.
10. The ta-da sound my computer makes when I get a new email. Even after all these years, I still love email.