Thanks for welcoming me back yesterday and thanks for missing me! I missed all of you, too. It’s nice to be disconnected from the world for a bit but it’s also nice to come back and catch up.
And now on to today’s Ten on Tuesday. The theme is 10 Traits You Look for in a Romantic Interest.
And there he is, my romantic interest. He’s at the beach and he doesn’t even like the beach but he goes because I love it. That’s a pretty good trait, right there.
1. Good looks. This may make me shallow but it’s what I notice first.
2. A great sense of humor. Because some day those good looks are going to fade.
3. A nice ass. TMI? Sorry.
4. He must be a reader. This one is a deal breaker. I am a librarian, after all.
5. Financial security.
6. Zest for living. He needs to be someone who never says no to a good time.
7. Support for my pursuits. I want the space to pursue my hobbies and interests.
8. Romance is a nice thing. Flowers for no reason, love letters, poems . . .
9. Kitchen skills. I’d love for my man to cook me dinner now and again.
10. Selflessness. As in, he puts me first. Ex: a husband who goes on a beach vacation when he doesn’t even like the beach.