The official theme of Ten on Tuesday this week is 10 Ways To Waste Time on the Internet. Once again I’m changing it a bit. Let’s try 10 Ways To Have Fun on the Internet because that’s a more positive approach.
1. Reading blogs. I love my knitting peeps and enjoy their blogs but I also read several political blogs and some cooking and photography blogs, too. It’s informative and fun and a great way to make connections with others.
2. Facebook. I’ve found lots of high school and college friends there but it’s also awesome for knowing what my friends and neighbors are doing, too.
3. Ravelry. It doesn’t get any better than hanging out on a website made just for knitters.
4. Bejeweled Blitz. Okay, this one might actually be a waste of time but it’s just too damn fun for me to ignore.
5. Tastespotting. It’s a foodie’s paradise, just don’t go there when you’re hungry.
6. Ebay. You want a bargain? You need something obscure? I guarantee you it’ll be on ebay.
7. iTunes. So many songs, so little space on the iTouch.
8. Amazon.com. A coworker told me about Amazon a long time ago and it’s one of the nicest things she ever did for me.
9. Flickr. I not only get to see what I’m friends are photographing but I get to learn great techniques and participate in challenges, too.
10. Netflix. I can spend a lot of time reading movie summaries and playing with my queue.