The official theme for Ten on Tuesday this week is 10 Things You Are Thankful For. Since I’ve been doing Thankful Thursday this seems a bit redundant so instead I’m sharing 10 People (Living or Dead) I’d Like To Invite To Thanksgiving Dinner.
1. Abraham Lincoln. He made it official, after all. And he’d keep Dale occupied.
2. Abigail Adams. Our first feminist definitely deserves a seat at my table.
3. Oprah. I’ve been watching her for 24 years and I’m still a huge fan.
4. Julia Child. I wonder if she’d be willing to do all the cooking?
5. Pat Summit. She’s the coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols, in case you aren’t familiar with her. I’d love to meet her.
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. And can I add Bobby Kennedy here, too? Sort of a two-for-one deal.
7. Meryl Streep. I think she’s the greatest actress of our time.
8. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. I’d love to hear his views on our world today.
9. Harvey Milk. He’d liven things up, I’ll bet!
10. Jimmy Buffett. I know he’d bring the tequila and what’s a party (even Thanksgiving!) without tequila?
It’s an eclectic group, that’s for sure. I just hope they like brussel sprouts.