I know it’s Tuesday but it’s also time for me to summarize my knitting stats from last year and state my knitting goals for the upcoming year. That trumps Ten on Tuesday this week.
Stats from 2009:
19 pairs of socks
5 sweaters/1 vest
5 pairs of mitts/mittens
That adds up to a grand total 50 items, 3 more than last year.
Now let’s look at my knitting goals for 2009 and see how I did.
Goals for 2009:
1. Keep doing what I’m doing. Sweaters, mittens, hats, scarves – I will knit whatever strikes my fancy. I’m really good at knitting what pleases me so this goal is accomplished.
2. Knit at least 18 pairs of socks. I think I need to set a sock number goal to keep my production high on this so that’s why I’m doing. And it’s hardly a chore since socks are my favorite thing to knit. I actually finished 19 pairs of socks this year so I’m up one from my goal.
3. Try intarsia. I have no particular pattern in mind but now that I’m reasonably comfortable with stranded knitting I think it’s time to learn this skill. Okay, I haven’t tried this yet but I’ve got a pattern and yarn ready to go so I’m hoping to accomplish this goal in 2010.
4. Learn to crochet enough to add crochet edgings to my knit pieces. I’d really like to knit Thorpe but I’m intimidated by that crochet edge. I learned to crochet last January thanks to Maryse. I didn’t actually knit Thorpe, and I certainly need to improve my skills but I did learn enough to do some simple crochet and that makes me happy.
Goals for 2010
1. Knit 18 pairs of socks.
2. Publish my picot edge sock pattern.
3. Learn to crochet in the round.
4. Knit a sweater for me, a sweater for Dale, a sweater for Jessica, and a sweater for Hannah.
Those are my stats, those are my goals, this is my knitting life and it’s all good.