Dixie doesn’t get nearly the coverage she deserves here on the blog.
I love movies so I’m quite happy about this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic, 10 Best Movies You’ve Seen Lately. I’m going to switch it up a little, though. I’ll list a few good movies I’ve seen lately but then I’m going to list movies that I want to go see – I know there are a bunch of those. Here we go:
1. The Blind Side. This is the most recent movie I have seen at the theater and I thought it was terrific. Heart warming and inspiring.
2. The Hangover. Okay, it’s not a great film or anything, but it’s set in Vegas and I loved seeing the strip all over again.
3. New In Town. This is a silly little film but the caricature of small town people live in the midwest is priceless.
4. Defiance. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I like a movie that fills me with righteous indignation.
5. Sherlock Holmes. I might be the only person left who hasn’t seen this one yet.
6. The Lovely Bones. The book was wonderful, although difficult to read. I’m interested to see how it translates to the screen.
7. It’s Complicated. I love anything with Meryl Streep.
8. Young Victoria. I always enjoy period pieces about English monarchs.
9. Nine. All those famous actresses AND Daniel Day Lewis? Bring it on!
10. Precious. Sure, it will be depressing but I’m hoping it will also be inspiring and heart warming, too.
It’s almost Oscar time and I can’t wait!