Today’s topic for Ten on Tuesday is 10 Signs of Spring. Hooray for spring and the signs of it, too!
- Crocuses. I’ve got purple and yellow and white and they all make me so happy.
- Red-winged blackbirds. I saw 6 yesterday in the field near my house. Again with the happy.
- Spring peepers. I haven’t heard them yet but it’s just a matter of time.
- Pussy willows. Soft and fuzzy and a sure sign of the end of winter.
- Kids on the playground. The playground next to the library has been buzzing with activity and, while this annoys the hell out of my in July, in March it is a wonderful sound.
- Opening the windows. I threw them open last week and it felt great to air out the house.
- Driving with the sun roof open. Sunshine! Coming in from the roof of the car! Love it!
- Going outside without a jacket. Sure, I love wool mittens and stuff but the freedom of no coat is a wonderful thing.
- Daffodil buds. Mine should be in bloom by the end of the week, I think.
- Burning. Nothing is quite so distinctive as the smell of burning in the spring. Sure, it makes my throat scratchy and my eyes itchy but it’s still a cool thing in these parts.
This was probably one of the easiest 10 on Tuesday lists I’ve ever written. I really do love spring!