It’s Wednesday and I’m a little scattered and without a good cohesive post so let’s be random!
- This Friday is October 1st. That means it’s time for Socktoberfest. It also means it’s time for a new pair of Through The Loops Mystery Socks. I’ve knit these the last 2 years and really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to it again this year and think I may even use a skein of the coveted Wollmeise to knit these socks.
- Speaking of Through the Loops, that Que Sera is just about killing me. It’s not a reflection on the pattern or the design, it’s definitely me but man alive I am sick of this thing. Just to add insult to injury I have had to reknit the sleeves because, of course, I screwed up on sleeve #1 but didn’t realize it until I started working sleeve #2. I am so sick of this sweater and want to be done done done.
- Part of the reason I’m so anxious to be done with this sweater is because I want to knit mittens. Specifically, the mittens in The Red Collection. There are the Drifty Mittens and the Ziggity Mittens and the Radio Frequency Mittens and I want to knit them all!
- I’ve been watching Dancing with the Stars. I wasn’t going to get sucked back in but I did and here I am. I was not sorry to see David Hasselhoff go and I think Jennifer Grey is a great dancer although I do wish she hadn’t changed her nose all those years ago. Also, Kyle Massey is adorable and Florence Henderson has terrific legs.
- By now you must know that Bloglines is going away on November 1st. Despite it’s issues I was a devotee of the feed reader until the last few weeks when I realized it was time to get used to Google Reader. And now that I have, I must admit that it’s way better than Bloglines. Once you set it up with your subscriptions to show in an expanded format it’s pretty much the same. And I like that it doesn’t automatically mark a post as read when you click on it. There’s definitely a bit more flexibility with this feed reader and it is much faster to pick up a new post. I’ll miss you Bloglines but buh-bye.
- The daughters of commenter extraordinaire Mary K. in Rockport have started a blog about books called Goldfiles Books Reviews. Books are good – go and read their blog.
- Have you heard about One Day On Earth? I hadn’t until yesterday but I signed up. On 10.10.10 I will be photographing a wedding (no, I’ve never done this before and yes, I’m nervous as hell) and I think that’s a great example of a wonderful day on earth. You should sign up, too.
- The other night I had a dream that Hannah was kidnapped from her college and taken to Portugal. The school knew she was gone and didn’t tell me but I looked on the webcam for her classroom and could tell she wasn’t there – even though they said she was. She was rescued but then they told me she had to go into the witness protection program and I thought I’d never see her again. Do you think I might be having some separation issues? Ahem.
- And, finally, how is your Red Scarf coming along?