It’s November and that means the holidays and all the busy-ness and crazy-ness that comes with that time of year is right around the corner. Today’s Ten On Tuesday topic is designed to help us all not just survive but thrive through this season. Presenting: 10 Ways to Simplify Your Life!
Nothing is more simple than sauteing onions, celery and carrots to go in a big pot of homemade chicken and rice soup.
- Plan your meals. It’s so much easier to shop and cook if you know what you are making for dinner each night. I plan for the upcoming week on Friday and do my food shopping accordingly.
- Stock your pantry. Buy staples like flour and sugar when they are on sale. It’s much easier to bake and cook when you don’t have to worry about running out of something.
- Organize before things get out of control. My craft room has gotten quite messy over the last few months and I plan on spending some time this Friday straightening up and organizing. It will make my knitting and spinning much easier and more productive in the future.
- Keep a to-do list. It helps with work tasks and it helps with home tasks and it keeps you on track.
- Use online banking. I have direct deposit and pay my bills online. It saves money and it makes things simple and easy to track.
- Coordinate your errands. When I can’t avoid running errands I coordinate them in a loop. Post office, bank, grocery store, whatever it is, I map it out and make a list so I don’t forget anything.
- Use an organizing app. I love Splash Shopper and use it for grocery lists and travel lists and reading lists. It makes it easy to check things off on an electronic list than to try and remember everything.
- Shop online. There’s not much you can’t find on Amazon.com and if you’re an Amazon prime member you get free 2 day shipping. The less you have to go to the store the more time you will have.
- Prioritize. Honestly, if you prioritize what matters and eliminate everything else your life will be very simple.
- Live in the moment. This is something I strive for but it’s a goal more than a reality. When it works, though, and when I am in the moment, everything becomes more simple.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~Confucius