I’ve got finished socks to show you but they haven’t been photographed. And I’ve got new socks I’m knitting but they haven’t been photographed, either. I haven’t been anywhere or done anything particularly interesting. That can really only mean one thing. Or is that 3 things?
3 Things I’ve Been Reading
- Water for Elephants. Loved it. Truly, a wonderful story that made the circus come alive for me.
- Freedom Riders. The jury is still out on this one. I watched the documentary on PBS and that was great but I have a feeling the book might be just a little too long with a little too much information but we shall see.
- Crunch Time. I love a good mystery, especially one with recipes thrown in for fun.
3 Things I’ve Been Planting
- Herbs. I got some basil and parsley at the garden center and I got some lavender and dill and catnip at the Garden Club plant sale. The dill isn’t looking great but the others are doing well and I’m enjoying my little herb garden.
- Perennials. I’m trying to grow Lupine again and I’ve also added some Columbine, Comfrey, and Obedient Plant. I’ve moved some things around the yard and the perennial bed is looking better than it has in quite some time.
- Container gardens. I’ve got lots of red verbena and yellow bidens and orange superbells and they are bright and cheerful and look great on the deck.
3 Things I’ve Been Loving
- Biking outside. The other day we rode our bikes to the plant sale and then through the cemetery. It feels so nice to ride outside after being cooped up all winter.
- Watching the hummingbirds. We finally have a full grown male and he is gorgeous. One things I’ve observed is that the female will perch and drink but the male always hovers. I’m rather curious about this.
- Hanging on my deck. We ate out there several times over the weekend. I love my deck – until the damn mosquitoes come out, that is.
3 sets of 3 things = 9 great things in my life right now.