Everybody seems to be looking for ways to save money these days. The way I see it, you can’t save if you don’t know where you’re spending your money and that brings me to this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic, 10 Things You Buy Every Week.
- Lunch. I know I shouldn’t but I do. So there.
- Gas. More than I care to admit although we do carpool together at least a few times a week to help cut back.
- Coins on Bejeweled Blitz. They are half price on Fridays and I’m addicted, what can I say?
- Dinner and drinks at our Kiwanis meeting. I couldn’t figure out why I always had extra cash over the summer and then I realized it was because I wasn’t spending that dough at Kiwanis every week. It’s a great group, though, and I love it and it’s worth it.
- Apps and songs. I’m pretty sure I get something at least once a week, sometimes the apps are free, though.
- Groceries. I told people they couldn’t list groceries as their ten items but I don’t think it’s cheating to include them as a general thing. I do buy groceries once a week but I try very hard not to visit the grocery store more often than that.
- Coffee. Whether it’s K-cups or Dunkin Donuts, I’m buying it on a regular basis.
- Postage. I used to buy stamps on a roll but I pay so many bills on line now that I just buy stamps as I need them- and I usually mail something (a letter, a package, a bill, a note) at least once a week.
- An Egg McMuffin. It’s bad but not as bad as a lot of other breakfast items they have. Dale and I each get one on Thursday mornings – our reward for commuting to work together all week.
- Take out or dinner in a restaurant, usually on Friday or Saturday night. It’s something we enjoy doing together and is quite often the evening’s entertainment.
This list was harder than I thought it would be – I think I buy things on a monthly basis more than a weekly basis. I’m curious to read about how everyone else made out with this topic.