Reflections on Knitting, 2011

Now that I’ve finally shown you my last finished project for 2011 I can proceed with my annual yearly knitting recap. Let’s start with my favorite part – a mosaic of everything I knit last year.

There are 22 items pictured there. That’s down 9 from last year. Yikes. It’s all good, though, because I knit:

• 12 pairs of socks
  • 4 shawls
  • 3 hats
  • 1 baby blanket
  • 1 pair of mitts
  • 1 sweater
Really, though, I need to up my game for 2012 so I’m setting some goals. In 2012 I will:
  • knit 12 pairs of socks
  • knit a sweater
  • knit a shawl with beads
  • knit a pair of colorwork mittens
  • knit at least 2 pair of fingerless mitts
  • knit at least 3 projects with my handspun
  • knit anything else I feel like knitting
Hopefully I will actually check back and evaluate them as the year progresses as that seems to be the key to my success. Honestly, though, it’s a hobby not a job and any time I spend knitting is productive and enjoyable. That’s sort of the point, right?

Comments

1. Geri says

I think goals are great,but should be flexible. You never know what bright shiny things will pass your way and pull you off course. My goal is primarily to knit stash. The knitting closet is getting ridiculous and unmanageable.

You are so right-enjoying yourself is what counts! I, on the other hand, enjoy viewing other peoples’ gorgeous knits. So I guess you could say knit gawking is MY hobby!

You were so productive and varied in your knitting. Look at all that color, too! I’d love to hear more about your process of knitting as you go along this year, too.

I’m with Margene. You worked from such a varied color palette. And I enjoy reading about your process a great deal. Of course, I always love reading about your party planning process, organizing process, walking progress, and photography process too!! Happy Thursday, Carole!

You had a productive year! That sweater alone must have taken you alot of time, so that’s probably worth 4 knitted items. And don’t forget the spinning – you did that too. Oh – and quilting, and photography…. yeah – 2011 was a successful crafting year for ya:-)

Good grief you have been mighty productive. After nary a finished product for 2011 I am determined. Thus far three pairs of handwarmers and half a scarf…. You have inspired me :}

Yup you got that right, its a hobby or a passion , not a job. Never let it get away from the simple joy it is to knit stitch after stitch. Love all your knit ups . Im up for 13 pairs of socks this year….we’ll see.

8. Katie K says

Great job!

…That’s so funny– I’ve been thinking about stranded mittens, too. I wonder which ones you’ll knit. this year I’ve joined the 12 Shawls in 2012 group on ravelry and am on my second one (not that I need more. I just love them). I would like to finally design something and publish it.