Weekending

Taking my cue from Amanda, here’s my weekending post:

This weekend was full of friends, both old and new
Saturday was the post wedding party for my dear college friend, Chrissie and her husband Tony.
A clambake at her dad’s sportsman’s club was the perfect setting for a relaxing day full of fun.
Drinking beer, eating delicious seafood chowder, cherry stones, steamers, and more, listening to great music from Dale’s band and catching up with my other best college friend, Doreen and her family.
Making new friends and planning future vacations.
Sunday night was a mini high school reunion with two of my closest friends from those days.
Catching up over pasta and wine, sharing stories about our kids and reminiscing about how young we used to be.
Ending the night with hugs and kisses and promises to get together again at Christmas time.
I am so fortunate to have all of these women in my life – they know me, they get me, and they love me.

How was your weekend?

Comments

your weekend sounds wonderful…full of so many good things! mine was short. and wet. and full of knitting!

2. Geri says

What a wonderful weekend for you! This weekend was spent with my knitting friends, old and new! It was our 8th annual knitting retreat; 3 1/2 days of knitting and laughter.

I caught up with a highschool friend this weekend who I haven’t seen for 20 years. It sounds like you had as much fun as we did!

So much fun and so much seafood deliciousness! I have never been to a clambake and you have me salivating!

Great time Carole! I had a good weekend, but next weekend will be like the one you just had, spent with my two college roommates in Maine!

6. Jo-Ann says

So much fun! You definitely know how to squeeze every last second of fun from a weekend :-) We spent the weekend at the lake with a grind of Shawn’s from HS – lots of fun & laughs.

Seconding Margene! Hot and sunny here – we spent some time on a fiber crawl just to get some air-conditioning in the car! Also a lovely afternoon at the annual Greek Festival in nearby Ipswich – dancing, shishkabobs and baclava. I haven’t seen my husband so relaxed and happy in a long time – he felt as if he was back on his kibbutz, I think.

8. Jeannie says

Loved your last comment about friends! History and memories with
    old friends ~ the best!

9. Doris says

That sounds like a great weekend. Mine was mostly clearing out two rooms so the plasterer could come to repair the ceilings in two rooms (leaky roofs stink).