Sugared Mums

I know you all want to see the photos of my trip to Utah but I’m hoping you can be patient until next week. I’ve got a gazillion of them to process and it’s going to take me a while since I’m juggling work, gym, family, Kiwanis, knitting & more! In the meantime, though, I did squeak in a few minutes to process the photos of my Sugared Violets. You remember how I was worried last week that I wouldn’t finish it in time? Well, I cast off and blocked it Thursday morning before work. By the time I was ready to leave for the airport it was dry. I’m so glad I brought it with me!

The backdrop of the mountains was perfect and we set up a fun photo shoot on Saturday at the Alta Lodge since Margene, Cheryl, Suzy and I all had brought newly finished shawls with us to the retreat.

My thanks to Kym for taking these pictures for me. It’s easy to look relaxed and happy when your camera is in the hands of a good friend.

Just to refresh your memories, the yarn is Ball and Skein Glissade in the color Gourd. It was a delight to work with; it’s soft and silky and the color is vibrant and gorgeous. The pattern was simple and enjoyable and the shape is perfect for a quick wrap around your shoulders.

And this is my favorite photo of all. It truly captures the joy I have when I’m in the mountains. I know I’ll remember this moment every time I reach for this shawl.

Comments

1. Geri says

The lush orange of your shawl is nicely set off by the aspens in the background. I’d love to experience fall in the Rockies!

This is a beautiful shawl, and the color is perfect for this time of year – what a wonderful job you did with it!

And I also have to say that the photo of you is one of the best pictures of a person I’ve ever seen. Yes, the photographer was clearly paying attention, but seriously, you look gorgeous there.

:-)

You and Kym shared a bit of magic with the photographing of this shawl. The shawl is such a fabulous color for autumn and I hope it always reminds you of your time in Utah!! xoxo

I’ve looked at that shawl pattern many times and thought how pretty it is. You’ve made it look gorgeous! Maybe I should knit it too…. 😀

5. Kelly K says

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the shawl and the pictures really show it off well! Your joy & happiness is beautifully captured in these photos : )

Very pretty. The border is especially good in that color. Have a great weekend–I’m off to Colorwdo Knitting Camp. It’ll keep me from being too impatient to see those Utah pictures lol.

Your shawl is the perfect color for fall, and the setting couldn’t be prettier! Glad you had such a good time.

What a terrific wrap for the fall. You are so right; the Utah backdrop was the perfect setting for this project, though I am a fan of the Utah backdrop and think it may be perfect for just about any project. Your smile says it all.