Now that the candy making is done it’s time to start thinking about Christmas cookies. I love having lots of different kinds of cookies to share with friends – variety is the spice of life, right? So let’s talk about our 10 Favorite Christmas Cookies, mmmkay?
- Decorated sugar cookies. All of the directions over at Bake at 350 are great.
- Ginger cookies. Sorry I don’t have a link for this one – maybe when I make them I will post the recipe. They are simple and chewy and delicious.
- Spritz. That recipe is pretty close to the one Lois uses except she just uses an egg yolk and not the whole egg. And none of that fruit crap, either.
- Cherry Chocolate Kisses. I’ve already made one batch of these this year for a cookie swap at work. I’m going to need to make more, though.
- Polish Tea Cakes. My absolute favs.
- Pepparkakor. They need to be star shaped and have an almond sliver in the center to be authentic.
- Neopolitan Cookies. Hannah just asked me the other day if I would make these this year.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms. I probably won’t actually make these since I think one cookie with a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle is enough, thankyouverymuch.
- Candy Cane Cookies. They are time consuming but so perfect for this time of year.
- Snowballs. I don’t love making these because I feel like the powdered sugar gets everywhere but they are yummy.
Who else wants cookies and a nice cup of tea right about now? Mmmmm.
Did you write a Ten on Tuesday blog post? Make sure you add your link by clicking the button below. Want to receive Ten on Tuesday emails each week? Click here.