Ten On Tuesday

Now that the candy making is done it’s time to start thinking about Christmas cookies. I love having lots of different kinds of cookies to share with friends – variety is the spice of life, right? So let’s talk about our 10 Favorite Christmas Cookies, mmmkay?

1. Decorated sugar cookies. All of the directions over at Bake at 350 are great.
  2. Ginger cookies. Sorry I don’t have a link for this one – maybe when I make them I will post the recipe. They are simple and chewy and delicious.
  3. Spritz. That recipe is pretty close to the one Lois uses except she just uses an egg yolk and not the whole egg. And none of that fruit crap, either.
  4. Cherry Chocolate Kisses. I’ve already made one batch of these this year for a cookie swap at work. I’m going to need to make more, though.
  5. Polish Tea Cakes. My absolute favs.
  6. Pepparkakor. They need to be star shaped and have an almond sliver in the center to be authentic.
  7. Neopolitan Cookies. Hannah just asked me the other day if I would make these this year.
  8. Peanut Butter Blossoms. I probably won’t actually make these since I think one cookie with a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle is enough, thankyouverymuch.
  9. Candy Cane Cookies. They are time consuming but so perfect for this time of year.
  10. Snowballs. I don’t love making these because I feel like the powdered sugar gets everywhere but they are yummy.

Who else wants cookies and a nice cup of tea right about now? Mmmmm.

Did you write a Ten on Tuesday blog post? Make sure you add your link by clicking the button below. Want to receive Ten on Tuesday emails each week? Click here.

17 Comments

1. Kym Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 6:23 am

I’m going to have to try those cherry chocolate kiss cookies! Mmmm! (I have never seen a Pepparkakor with an almond sliver! Not even in Sweden — although I did see some there with peppermint sprinkles, which was a bit different altogether! Ours are always plain, plain, plain!)

2. Donna Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 7:19 am

I always forget about peanut butter blossoms. Those are delicious! I have to try the cherry chocolate too.

3. Laurie Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 7:22 am

Not sure I really needed to see this list. YUM.

4. mary Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 7:37 am

7:30 am and all I can think about is cookies! you’ve got a nice mix of sugar and spice, chocolate and peanut butter. I’m impressed you still make those pepparkakor!

5. margene Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 8:26 am

I’d love to sit and have cookies and tea with you. I may try a couple of cookies with almond flour this year and then I can join you! Hope you don’t mind I added my link even though I don’t have a true ToT. :)

6. Sue Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 8:28 am

Yum, you are making me hungry. I saved your Polish Tea cakes recipe. Perhaps I can fit it into my cookie schedule.

The past two years my DD has finished her college semester and come home about 2 days before Christmas. This year she will be home on the 18th. Hurray! Baking and shopping with my daughter will be a treat. I have several cookies I want to make with her.
    New Zealand Holly Cookies is one recipe. (just google it). I actually cut it out of the original Better Homes and Gardens magazine December 1985 (it was a cookie contest grand prize winner). Those were pre-Internet days. But it’s a good enough recipe that it has made it to the Internet.

7. Sue Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 8:35 am

I just read your description of Snowballs.

When my DD was little she asked me what powdered sugar was and before I could stop myself I said ” it’s sugar that has been weaponized! ”

Of course then I had to explain what weaponized meant.

8. Hillary Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Now I really am hungry. Those Cherry Chocolate Kisses look delicious. I’d love to share some with you.

9. Jo Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 11:27 am

For some reason when you talked about not making the Peanut Butter Blossoms, it occurred to me that it must take forever to unwrap all those kisses! All the cookies look yummy.

10. Nichole Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

Another fun topic! Love your list!

11. Patty Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

Your photograph is beautiful! I like the look of those polish tea cakes too! Yummmmmm!

12. Katie K Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

Those blossom cookies look great! I make bourbon balls and benne wafers and spritz Christmas trees. My father made lebkuchen and my aunt made almond crescents,

13. Martha Said,

December 11, 2012 @ 8:28 pm

Wow. Between the candy recipes and these cookies, I’ve hit the Christmas Sweets jackpot. Thanks for your lovely post and picture.

14. Heather Said,

December 12, 2012 @ 10:39 am

Yum! Does biscotti count as a cookie?

15. amanda {the habit of being} Said,

December 12, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

“and none of the fruit crap either.”

i cannot even begin to tell you how much i loved this.

16. Sue Said,

December 22, 2012 @ 10:34 am

Tried the Polish Tea Cakes. Yum. Excellent recipe. My DD gave them an A+ too. I think I need to chop the nuts finer next time, though.

17. jill Said,

December 29, 2012 @ 11:31 am

We’ve had a cookie-less Christmas this year. Our dear neighbor, Anne, brought some over, but alas, they are not GF. My waistline isn’t complaining, however! I’m interested in trying the Polish Tea Cakes with some gf modifications.

RSS feed for comments on this post