As I mentioned last week, I love taking photographs this time of year. And since we’ve already covered cookies and music I think talking about our 10 Favorite Things to Photograph at Christmastime is a great topic for this week. Hope you do, too!
- Lights. I love unfocused lights in the background of a photo. Most of our lights are white but now that the tree is up I can photograph colored ones, too. Hooray!
- Decorations. This might be weird but I like to photograph my house once it’s decorated. I save those photos and I will look at them next December when I can’t remember what goes where. It’s really quite helpful.
- Greens. I have greens around my doorways, I have greens in vases and on windowsills and anywhere else I can think of. They are beautiful in photos.
- Wreaths. They can be simple and lovely or highly decorated and fashionable, either way they are photograph worthy.
- Flowers. Poinsetties, amaryllis, red roses, all of the flowers of Christmas are pretty.
- Candy & cookies. A pretty display of cookies is often quickly eaten but a photograph preserves them forever.
- The Christmas tree and ornaments. Lots of opportunities for pretty bokeh there plus it’s good to have a photographic record of the tree each year.
- Family. I am not someone who enjoys photographing people. I don’t like asking them to pose and I try and get candids whenever possible. However, it’s so very nice to have a shot of the entire family together on a holiday.
- Pets. If you can get them to stay still!
- Presents. I like to capture them unwrapped and being unwrapped and after the unwrapping when there’s paper everywhere and the living room looks like Christmas threw up all over the place. It’s the only time that I don’t mind utter chaos because it’s also utterly fun!
Go on out there and take some pretty photos! Click the button below if you want to add a link to your Ten on Tuesday post. And if you want to receive Ten on Tuesday topics in your email inbox every Monday click here.