Sooooooo winter is still going strong here in New England. We’ve had lots of unsettled weather and some very cold and windy days and I’m just done with it. You know? And that’s why this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Reasons Why You Are Ready for Winter To Be OVER. Note the capital letters on the word over, please. OVER. Okay, here’s why:
- Snow. Sure, it’s pretty for about 5 minutes. And then it’s brown and slushy and messy. And someone (usually not me, I will admit) has to clean it up.
- Messy and icy sidewalks. I’m ready to run outside again and that’s just not happening until those sidewalks are cleaned up.
- Wind chill. Those are two words I’d be happy to never hear again.
- Sick people. There’s the ones with the flu and the ones with the stomach thing and the ones with the colds and pneumonia and bronchitis and sinus infections and and and. I’m avoiding ALL of them.
- Dry skin. The best way to not get sick is to wash wash wash your hands and that leads to very dry skin. Right now my hands look like they belong to someone much older than I actually am.
- Static cling. All that dry air makes my hair completely uncontrollable and I loathe static-y hair.
- Lower gas mileage. My car just doesn’t run as efficiently when the weather turns very cold. I’m ready for 27-30 mpg again.
- Having to wear a coat. I’d like to just to throw on a lightweight shawl and go!
- Tending the fire. I do love our wood stove but by this time of year I’m getting tired of dealing with the mess and the work of it. Of course Dale does the majority (okay ALL) of the work but still, I’m looking forward to letting that fire go out and cleaning up the area and sticking a vase of flowers on there instead of a pot of water.
- I miss my deck. I miss having drinks on my deck with Dale. I miss being outside without freezing my ass off.
I will admit that writing this list hasn’t improved my attitude towards winter at all. But Friday is the first day of March and there are lots of things to be happy about once March rolls around. And I’m thinking I just settled on next week’s topic. Hmmm.
Don’t forget to add a link to your post by clicking the button below. If you want to receive the 10 on Tuesday Topic in your email inbox then click here.