It’s been a while since there’s been a random post around here and I’ve got a lot of disconnected things running through my head. So, here’s what’s on my mind . . .
- For someone who loves knitting and has great reasons for doing it you would think I’d actually spend more time knitting and less time, well, playing Candy Crush. Seriously. I may be in need of an intervention.
- The other thing I’m doing – when I’m not knitting or wasting my time with Candy Crush – is reading the first Outlander book. I’ve resisted these for years, not wanting to get caught up in the gazillion page saga but I finally succumbed and I have to admit it’s pretty good. Or, at least, I can see what the hype is all about.
- I keep hearing about people who are chronically dehydrated. I truly enjoy drinking water and probably have no reason to fear that I have this syndrome and yet I’m feeling quite paranoid at the moment. I’ve upped my water intake considerably and that means I’m spending more time than ever running to the bathroom. Hmmm. Maybe that’s why my knitting production has slowed down so much? Nahhhh, I’m pretty sure it’s Candy Crush.
- The other night we had our monthly spinning group at the library. I chose some pretty fiber and packed up my wheel and was ready to settle in for a nice productive time. And then I realized I had packed a woolee winder flyer and a regular bobbin. Sigh.
- I started a plank-a-day challenge for the month of May. Today I’m supposed to plank for a full minute and that’s not a big deal for me but tomorrow it jumps to a minute and a half and by the end of the month I’m supposed to plank for 5 whole minutes. That is a looooong time.
- It’s May and that means it’s time for Macro May. I’m trying really hard to not take pictures of bugs and flowers this time. It’s a challenge, I tell ya. It will also probably mean that my photos will all be of food.
- And finally, on the whole knitting thing, a sweater on size 3 needles? What the hell was I thinking?