I have an event coming up this weekend that will involve speeches and eating, drinking and dancing. It’s an event that I’m in charge of and I want to makes sure people have a great time. I also really want people to dance, dance and dance some more and that’s what has led to this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Songs That Make You Want to Dance.
- Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede. Ooga chaka!
- Love Shack by The B-52s. It’s a good one for singing along, too.
- Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry. Nothing like the beat of this one.
- What I Like About You by The Romantics. You really know how to dance.
- Jump in the Line by Harry Belafonte. Every party needs a little calypso.
- Sugar, Sugar by The Archies. Bubble gum pop at it’s best.
- You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC. It’s a rock ‘n roll song that even the old folks will dance to.
- Twist and Shout by The Beatles. It’s a classic for a very good reason. Plus, everyone loves to harmonize.
- Dancin’ With Myself by Billy Idol. I went to college in the 80s, you know.
- Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. Do you remember when ee used to sing? Sha la la, la la, la la, la la, l-la te da. You’re welcome for the earworm.
I can’t wait to read your lists and get more ideas for my party! Make sure you share your post by clicking the link below. And if you want to receive an email with the Ten On Tuesday topic every Monday, click here to sign up.