Thanksgiving is only two weeks away! Let’s hear it for my favorite holiday! And let’s talk about the showcase of Thanksgiving day: the dinner. Of course we’re all having turkey but today I want to know what else you are having. Tell me your 10 Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
- Mashed potatoes. Is there anyone reading this who didn’t know this would be first on my list? Yeah, that’s what I thought.
- Gravy. Because you cannot have mashed potatoes without the gravy.
- Stuffing. Dressing. Call it what you want but make sure it’s loaded with sage, celery and onions.
- Boiled onions. Not those little ones with cream sauce but full sized onions, boiled whole.
- Cranberry sauce. Homemade, whole berry cranberry sauce if I’m being truly specific.
- Parsnips. I love all the root vegetables but parsnips are my true favorite.
- Brussels Sprouts. Because you’ve got to have at least one green vegetable on your plate!
- Stuffed dates. I can remember making these on Thanksgiving Eve with my mom. Split open a date, stick a walnut half inside, smoosh it back together and roll it in sugar. I loved them then and I love them now.
- Celery stuffed with cream cheese & olive. We also made this on Thanksgiving Eve, usually with my Nana would would make one, eat one, make one, eat one and then my mom would come over to the table and wonder where there were so few pieces done.
- Dinner rolls. Soft, yeasty ones, warm and shiny with butter.
And now I’m hungry! Pass the gravy, would ya? If you wrote a post about today’s topic, don’t forget to add your link below. And if you want to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list just click here.