Here’s what happening in my life right now.
- Reading. . . Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. I am enjoying it immensely.
- Planning . . . Thanksgiving dinner. I ordered a fresh, local turkey on Monday. Sure, it’s more expensive but I’m supporting a local business and I’m serving my guests a turkey that’s free from hormones and preservatives. I think that’s worth every penny.
- Celebrating . . . a new (and free!) iPhone. I dropped mine the other day and despite the case it broke. I was able to get an appointment at the genius bar at our local Apple store that same night and they confirmed that my phone was a goner. And then they gave me a new phone for free. This is why I love Apple products. And geeks.
- Missing . . . my mom. Holidays are rough even after 15 years. Also, I think that knowing I’m going to be hosting Thanksgiving has added to this because I so loved my mom’s Thanksgiving dinners. I only got to have her come to my house for Thanksgiving once, in 1997, and it was wonderful and I wish I could do it again. Ya know?
- Knitting . . . dishcloths. Lots and lots of dishcloths. They are mindless and useful and it will be so nice to have fresh ones for the upcoming holidays.
- Enjoying . . . seeing turkeys on the bogs almost every morning. They make me smile.
- Trusting . . . my trainer. She said to add strength training back into my work out routine and I’d see the scale (finally) start to move down again. She’s right. How ’bout that
- Hanging out . . . in the tipi. We haven’t quite got the hang of a smoke free experience but it’s still very cool.
- Listening to . . . Christmas music. I know, I know. It started because I wanted to hear I Saw Three Ships by Sonos. And that led to All That I Want for Christmas by The Rescues. And then, well, it’s a slippery slope, my friends.
And that’s all I’ve got for you today!