Whether you know it or not, there’s a lot of pressure that goes with this whole Ten on Tuesday thing. Every week I have to come up with a topic. Every.week. It’s not easy, dear readers. This week’s topic, though, came to me yesterday morning when I was making breakfast for Dale and I – something that I only get to do on weekends, holidays or vacations. And you know, food topics are always big hits with the Ten on Tuesday crowd so here we go: 10 Favorite Breakfast Foods.
- Eggs. I mean, really, you can scramble them or fry them, make an omelet or poach them . . . it goes on and on.
- Bacon. It’s not just for breakfast, of course, but it’s a great way to start the day.
- Oatmeal. I am one of those people who really like oatmeal. Instant is my standard breakfast on a work day but I do love the old-fashioned kind the best.
- Greek Yogurt. Another stand by work day breakfast for me.
- Waffles. Not those giant belgian things but a good old-fashioned waffle from my mom’s waffle iron. We used to have those for Sunday supper a lot, too.
- Sausage. I actually prefer sausage if I’m having
- Pancakes. The maple syrup has to be the real deal, though, and it has to be heated.
- Fresh fruit. It’s how you justify the bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles and sausage!
- Jelly donuts. That is a rare treat in my world now but I do love a good fresh jelly donut.
- Hash browns. Extra crispy. Mmmmmmmmm.
Now I’m hungry for another breakfast! How about you? What do you like to have for breakfast? Be sure and add your link if you wrote a post for today. As always, if you’d like to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday email just click here.