I love Kym for a lot of different reasons but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that one of them was that she frequently texts me with interesting and fun Ten On Tuesday topics. As I’m sure you can figure out by this introduction, this week’s topic did indeed come from her and it is 10 Thresholds You Cross Every Day.
- The one from my bedroom into the front hallway. This is generally the first one I cross every day, stumbling my way to the bathroom. On the way to the bathroom I also cross
- The one between the living room and dining room. It’s a double doorway so it’s long and it’s hardwood and I mostly don’t trip over it. The next stop from there is
- The one from the dining room into the bathroom. My eyes are almost opened by this point. And then it’s back across the bathroom one and into the kitchen where there’s just a tiny one so I’m not going to count it. After a few back and forths between the bedroom, the kitchen and the bathroom, it’s time to go to work and then I cross
- The one from the mudroom out to the deck. I get in my car and I drive to work and I hit
- The one from the staff door into the back hallway of the library. After this it’s all wall to wall carpet from there to my office, to the staff room (where I make more coffee), to the fiction area where I gather the books for the morning hold report, and back and forth until it’s time to leave the library and head to the COA. That is an old building and there are lots of thresholds. The first one is
- The one from the front porch into the front entryway. And then there is
- The one from the front entryway into the receptionist area. And then there is
- The one from the receptionist area into my office. My office here is wallpapered in dark green plaid. I have a fireplace and beautiful floor to ceiling windows and wide plank floors. It’s charming and completely different from the library. As I wander about this building and visit with the seniors who come here and talk to my staff I also cross
- The one from the receptionist area into the hallway that leads to the food pantry. The food pantry here is small but heavily used and very important to our community. After a few hours here I head back to the library, crossing the thresholds I mentioned earlier on my way out. My afternoon continues at the library but generally also includes a trip over to Town Hall to turn in bills, receipts and more. At that point I cross
- The one from the front of the library to the sidewalk and then the one into Town Hall. And that makes 10+!
This was a fun way to think about how I move about during the day and I hope you agree. If you wrote a post for today be sure and click the link below to share it with everyone. And if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.