This weekend I
- grocery shopped. There was a lot to catch up on after being away for 2 weeks.
- ran other errands like going to the post office and the bank and picking up our farm share
- sweltered in the heat. I am not complaining, make no mistake about it, but we had some of the hottest weather of the summer on Friday and Saturday. Preparing cheese & crackers made me sweat like I had just run a mile – it was that kind of hot.
- knit. Socks for Hannah and the cactus flower shawl.
- read. A Winter’s Tale. I think I’m finally getting into it.
- had dinner with good good friends. Lots of reminiscing and yummy lasagna and wine.
- watched football. The Pats lost and that was a drag but it’s very very early in the season and I will not be discouraged.
- hung out on the deck. I’m on medication right now that requires that I stay out of the sun so this was late afternoon deck hanging. It’s all good.
- grilled. Salmon one night, brats another. I’m not tired of it yet.
- enjoyed the hummingbirds. Sadly, they will be gone very soon.
- caught up on Outlander. I love it.
- really enjoyed just being home. The renovating we’ve been having done is really coming along and I love the way our house looks now. Finally!
- made plans for next weekend. And the weekend after that which just happens to be my birthday weekend.
How was your weekend?