Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic comes from my friend Terry, over at Knitting the Blues. She told me the other day about being stressed because she couldn’t find something and then she realized that it was something that made her life better but really wasn’t necessary and she wondered why on earth she was stressing about it. This whole inner monologue she had while looking for this (I don’t want to give it away in case she’s using it for today’s blog post) made her think of a fun Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things You Stress About That You Didn’t Stress About 10 (or 15! or 20!) Years Ago.
- Backing up files and photos. My laptop has been having issues lately and I’m seriously stressed about losing photos that aren’t in Dropbox.
- Taking a picture every day. Okay, I don’t really stress about this, because it’s something I love, but it’s also something I have to remember to do. And things I have to remember to do can stress me out.
- Finding time to go to the gym. Why do I think this will be on lots of lists today?
- Hannah being out there in the world. Driving. Working. Going to school. Hanging out. Being a grown up. It was easier to keep track of her when she was 8.
- Health stuff. Mammograms, cholesterol, colonoscopies. Aging is not for sissies.
- Keeping up with social media. I enjoy Facebook very much but I don’t tweet and I don’t instagram. Forget about Google +. And now there’s Ello? There’s only so much time in the day and I just don’t need something else to follow
- Forgetting my cell phone. I guess I had a cell phone 10 years ago. I’m sure I did. But it wasn’t an iPhone so I didn’t really care if I left the house with out it. Now? It’s a national emergency if that happens.
- Answering the phone at work. We have a new phone system. It was expensive. It’s supposed to be better. It’s not. Dropped call central over here because we can’t seem to consistently put people on hold, transfer calls, etc.
- Insomnia. Hullo perimenopause.
- Thinking up interesting Ten on Tuesday topics. So there.
Talking about stress is supposed to help alleviate it, right? Here’s to no more stress! If you wrote a post for today please click the button below to share it. And if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email just click here to subscribe.