How about if we all get a little random today?
- Earlier this summer I finally got to try macarons. Pictured above, from left to right: creme brulee, pistachio and lavender honey. They were delicious. Expensive. But delicious.
- I went to renew my driver’s license yesterday because, yes, it expired on my birthday. That was 9 days ago. Whoops. Anyway, I passed the eye exam without wearing my glasses. Yippee. And, I was in and out of the registry in about 20 minutes. Double yippee.
- I am terribly sick of political ads on television. Seriously, another month of this? What a waste of friggin’ money.
- My beloved Mason had been getting terribly thin over the last few months. A few weeks ago our awesome vet diagnosed him with a thyroid disorder and he now takes a teeny tiny pill twice a day. In just a few weeks he has already gained back 50% of the weight he had lost. What a relief!
- I decided to alter the width of the strips I was cutting out for the table runner I was making. I did not take into account that this would mean I would no longer have squares after I joined my pieces. I am an idiot.
- I can still thread my sewing machine without eye glasses. At 49 years old I consider this a triumph.
- I finally finally finished A Winter’s Tale. It took me the entire month of September to slog through it and I was determined not to still be reading it on October 1st.
- I am really enjoying the podcast Books on the Nightstand. I’d love it if you have other reading related podcasts you could recommend to me.
- Tonight is the installation of the new president of our Kiwanis club. Yes, I am now a Past President. I enjoyed my term but I have to tell you that I am really looking forward to sitting with Dale again at meetings. And also, martinis.
And that’s all the random that’s fit to print.