Throwing it back to 3 on Thursday with 3 memes that I hope will make…
It’s Thursday. Let’s talk about some things . . .
- Thanks so much for all of your compliments on yesterday’s Halloween party post. It took me almost 2 hours to get that done so I really appreciate your comments.
- I made the cake pictured above for the party and it was fantastic. And simple. You can find the recipe right here. It’s the perfect fall dessert.
- I am entirely sick of political commercials and can’t wait until they stop next Tuesday. Of course, they will be replaced by Christmas commercials and that’s not much of an improvement.
- At the library we subscribe to something called Freegal. It’s free and legal music and allows users to download (and keep!) 3 songs every week. It’s fairly expensive and isn’t used all that much so we are trying to come up with ways to get people to use it. Any suggestions from those of you who are (and aren’t, especially) library users?
- I haven’t been to Rhinebeck in more years than I can remember. And I haven’t been to New Hampshire or any of the others either. I thought long and hard about going to The Fiber Festival of New England but it’s not going to work out.
- The reason it’s not going to work out is because this Saturday is when we are setting up our Field of Flags for Kiwanis. This is the event where we ask people to sponsor flags for $10 each and we split all of the money we raise with Fisher House. You can read the post I wrote about last year’s event here. And if you’re so inclined and would like to donate, you can do that here with PayPal.
- The other reason a trip west won’t work out this Saturday is because we are getting together with friends for dinner on Saturday night. They are definitely worth missing a fiber festival for as they are some of my longest standing friends and I love seeing them.
- But I am hoping for a getaway with Dale soon. Maybe Maine? Maybe Deerfield? Let’s go!
- Thanks for reading!