Do you like this Thursday Things I’ve been doing lately? Do you hate it? I find it’s a great way to round up the things I want to post about that aren’t really enough for an entire post on their own. I can’t say I’ll do it every week but for right now it’s quick and fun and a good way to share a few things. And so, this week, I’m thinking about:
- Avocados. I have, apparently, taken the latest study showing that avocados lower cholesterol quite seriously. Either that or they have been on wicked sale lately. Honestly, any excuse to eat a delicious and creamy avocado is fine by me. I’m ignoring the fact that this survey was partially sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board.
- The Habit List App. I purchased this on iTunes at the end of last week and I love it! I was prompted to do so by regular commenter Jo, who asked how I planned on tracking my intentions for the year. I thought about that and realized I didn’t have a way to do that and hence – this app. It’s really working well for me. I have added in things like “go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday & Friday” and “Project 365” and “use the iPhone camera twice a week” and “Play Mario Kart on Saturdays and Sundays” along with some other things. The app reminds me to do stuff and it keeps track of my streaks which is very good for competitive little me.
- I have realized that what I really hate about the cold isn’t so much the cold it’s the bundling up. The bulkiness of a sweater and a coat and a scarf and suddenly I feel like the kid in A Christmas Story who can’t put his arms down. I don’t mind throwing on a sweater or a light jacket but the layer upon layer I need these days is just annoying.
- Spin-A-Thon. I am registering for this once again and really excited to raise money for the Y. You all were so generous and supportive last year and if you’re inclined to donate again I’d be very grateful. Follow this link to make a donation now. And thanks!
- Oscar nominations are announced this morning! Woot woot!