Wednesdays Are For Knitting: In the Wildwood Socks

Hold on to your handknits because, for the first time since February I have a pair of finished socks to share with you. Yes, production is down. It’s a hobby, not a job.

wildwood socks 1 for carole knits

These are a lovely pair of picot edge socks knit with my favorite sock yarn: Knitterly Things Vesper.

wildwood socks 2 for carole knits

The colorway is called In The Wildwood and I absolutely love those bright stripes of hot pink, lime green and chocolaty brown.

wildwood socks 3 for carole knits

They’ll just be hanging out, hopefully for many many months, until it’s cold enough to need them.

Finished socks. A very good thing.

Comments

1. Robby says

Hobby?! In that case, those are some snazzy looking socks. May they brighten your sock drawer for many months before you need to don them for comfort.

Love those colors! I’m going to have to try some Vesper, maybe someday after I actually finish some of my socks in progress.

3. Vera says

Love the bright colors and the picot edge — they look wonderful. I had not heard of that yarn previously and now I need to check it out – lol.

When I am able to knit again I’m going to get back to my pair of socks. The colors of your socks look so springy and happy!

GREAT socks! (Let’s hope it’s a good, long time before you need to wear them.) I really need to replenish my sock collection. It’s been far too long since I’ve knit myself a pair of socks… (We’ll see.)

These are so cute, and yes – I hope it is EONS before the weather urges you to put these beauties on your feet! EONS!! And thanks for the new sock dyer tip!

woohoo! socks are the only “winter” project I don’t mind finishing any time of year. know you’ll wear them well…a long time from now!