90 Years!

Today is a pretty special day for my family. I’m going to share a few pictures from recent years along with a couple of links to some posts I’ve written in the past and it’s all in honor of my father-in-law, Jack.

Jack at 90 for carole knits

Here’s Jack last night, sitting on his porch, relaxing after a day of work. Yes, work.

jack with 5 kids silly faces for carole knits

Three years ago all 5 of his children were together to celebrate Father’s Day with Jack for the first time in many years. They’re a goofy bunch but they get that from him.

jack with everybody for carole knits

He’s a proud father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

Five years ago, I wrote this birthday post for Jack.

Jack and his daughters in the limo blog size

Six-ish years ago Jack was the Grand Marshal for our town’s Christmas Parade.

Jack's Service blog size

He’s always around to lend a helping hand. To check on a vehicle that’s acting up, to offer a ride somewhere to simplify things, to hand you some cash just because.

Ten years ago, we had this party.

And, most important of all, ninety years ago today my father-in-law, Jackie Oscar Julius, entered this world.

jack and carole parade 2 for carole knits

I’m grateful every day for him and the family I have because of him. And I feel incredibly blessed to be able to wish him a happy birthday on this epic occasion.

Jack the Grand Marshal blog size

He’s not a computer guy so he doesn’t read my blog but in the past when I have written about him I have printed out the comments for him to read and he has loved it. If you’ve got a moment to spare today to wish this wonderful man a happy 90th birthday I promise you I will make sure those wishes are passed along to the birthday boy.

Along with two of his favorite things: pizza and beer.

Comments

1. Sean says

Happy Happy birthday from a new neighbor–we just moved in 1.5 month ago (on the other side of the river.)

I look forward to meeting you in person one day.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jack! I hope you have a great day today and a wonderful time on your next trip around the sun. I wish I could buy you a beer in person, but since I can’t, I’ll be raising my glass to you this evening.

3. Chris says

Happy Birthday, Jack!! You sound like guy I would like to hang out with?. Wishing you much happiness on your special day and he days to come.

4. Robby says

I think purpose and meaningful relationships keep us young. I expect Jack has those in abundance. Wishing him a very happy birthday.

5. Jo-Ann says

May your birthday bring you as much happiness as you give to those who are lucky enough to know you. Happiest of birthday wishes to a man I am privileged to know and love <3

6. Vera says

Hi Jack, here’s wishing you the happiest birthday and a most fabulous year ahead!! And, hey, pizza and beer are two of my favorite things too — enjoy!

7. Josee says

A very happy birthday to a very special guy! May your day and year be filled with nothing less than what you love and enjoy the most. Cheers!

Wishing you a happy birthday and a new year filled with your beautiful families, fun times, and fulfilling days!

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you have many more to enjoy with what looks to be a great and fun family! We should all be so lucky as you are.

Have a beer for me while you’re at it. :-)

10. Phyllis Lefeaux says

Happy, happy day! Thank you for all the joy and goodness you have given the world. Would that there were more like you!

11. Bertha Mallard says

Happy Birthday, Jack. You are a remarkable guy. I pray you will have many more happy and healthy years.

12. Kim in Oregon says

Happy birthday sir! I hope I look as good as you when I’m 90 (heck, when I’m 60!).

13. Ann says

Happy Birthday from a California blog reader! I love to hear stories about people who are enjoying life and making the best of each day and today I got to read about you. Have a wonderful 90th celebration!

14. Martha says

Happy Birthday Mr. Julius! I hope you get LOTS of pizza and beer. You’ve earned it!

Wow Jack, you look many decades younger than 90! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday! If I lived near you I’d bring you a big ole’ pizza, which is my favorite food too. I hope you have many many more birthdays.

16. Gwen says

Happy birthday from another birthday celebrant! :) It’s a very good day for cake and that sort of thing.

17. Dawn says

Happy, Happy 90th Birthday Mr. Julius!! Hope your day is filled with all you love best!!

18. Melissa says

Happy Birthday Jack. I hope you are having a wonderful day and that the coming year with me full of good things and times with family and friends.

all my best wishes for a very happy birthday, Jack! I’ve loved reading about you and your wonderful life and legacy on Carole’s blog. I hope you had a piece of pizza for me and a beer! – Mary

20. Cindy fanning okelly says

i have so many fond memories of Jack and Ruthie. Crazy neighbors of ours on Central Street. Fellow Boy Scout leader with my Dad. Always there when I needed a car repair or a sweet smile and a funny joke. Happy birthday Jack. And many more!

21. Sue says

Happy B-day, Jack. 90 years is indeed a milestone. Congratulations.
    I love that pizza and beer are favorites of yours. Me too!
    I hope you have many more happy years with your family. Best Wishes, Sue

22. Jes says

Wow 90 years young. Eating pizza drinking beer. Keep the fire burning.
    Happy Birthday Jack!