Eye Candy Friday

lantana for carole knits

The flowers in my perennial garden are looking a tad, shall we say, overdone. The container gardens, though, are still going strong and I’m loving the lantana.

Take some pictures of something (or someone!) you love this weekend!

Comments

This is a tough time for perennial beds. (Sounds like you need some brown eyed Susans and coneflower in there, maybe?) That lantana looks fabulous!

Yes, the gardens are starting to wane unfortunately. Your lantana is fabulous. We bought our first this year and it hasn’t done that well. Have a wonderful weekend Carole!

3. Vera says

Nothing is doing well this year in our neck of the woods!! Our apples are small (as in VERY small), but already turning red! Finally getting some much needed rain. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

4. Sue says

I agree with Kym on the BE Susans and coneflowers. They bloom in mid summer and stay around until almost frost. Also the seed pods from both, but especially the coneflowers, attract a lot of smaller birds like chickadees.

It’s just too hot for almost any of the flowering plants. We’re starting to see sunflowers pop up everywhere and even the geese are flying in Vs. NOOOO!
    Have a great weekend, friend!

6. Debbie says

My garden is a mess right now. When this oppressive heat & humidity lets up a bit, I need to clean things up! Your lantana is pretty!

I could not believe you asked us to take a picture over the weekend. I have been trying to figure out how to photograph Ben, the amazing self-walking dog. When we go out, he puts the leash in his mouth and appears to be leading himself. However, I can’t put my nod down or he would become the amazing disappearing dog! Anyway, have a great weekend!

8. Lydia says

The heat does tend to overcook these plants, we’re going to try some succulents next year.

our lantana has a few blooms, too – that’s about all the color (except for some sunbaked green) in the yard right now. love your closing comment – that sounds like a great to-do for the weekend. Let’s make it a great one!