It's a new month and that means it's time to take a look back at…
I had a truly terrific weekend, as illustrated by the photo mosaic above. It included:
- A trip to the beach on Friday. I know, I know. The beach. Again. But it was hot and I couldn’t resist the idea of one last swim.
- An overnight at Doreen’s house. It was great to see her and Mark again. We had a nice dinner out and we shared some Cape Cod Harvest Ale (my favorite of all of their brews) and we had some retail therapy, too.
- A great night on the deck with Dale. It seemed like ages since we were home on a weekend (because it has been!) and it was so nice to just be home together. We did our usual snack tray but then celebrated with lobsters for dinner.
- A delicious breakfast with homemade English muffins from Sean. So good and such a thoughtful thing for him to do.
- Grape picking. Dale did most of the work but I pitched in and now it’s on me to make the jelly.
Other things not pictured:
- Cocktail hour with Jo-Ann followed by (for me, anyway) the first half of the Pats game. I woke up this morning to find out they won. Woot!
- A graceless fall at our local farmstand. I slipped on mud in the greenhouse and landed with a thud on my ass. The bruising ought to be spectacular.
- Homemade pistachio ice cream. I only managed to finish the custard yesterday, I still have to churn the ice cream but if the custard is any indication this is going to be stupendous ice cream.
- A dream about Dixie. She came to me through the bedroom window and got up on the bed and slept with me. It was sad and comforting all at the same time.
That’s it for my weekend recap. How was your weekend?