Ready for a brain dump? Let’s go.
- That grape jam I made the other day? Didn’t jell. Damn it. I have always made grape jelly in the past but decided to try something different this time and it failed. I’m not sure why but all those grapes Dale picked and all that work . . . for naught.
- The pistachio ice cream, on the other hand, was a great success. Recipe here for those that asked.
- I filled my first journal last week. I find it very satisfying that I started a new one on Labor Day since I consider September to be the other New Year.
- I’ve definitely been knitting more lately and I’m glad about that. We are watching more TV and TV = knitting time.
- Can I just say how annoying ads and videos are on blogs? I read a bunch of food blogs and crafty blogs and home improvement blogs. I know they need the ads but it seems like these ads are getting more and more in your face. And they slow down the whole she-bang which is making me want to stop reading some of these blogs.
- I’m starting to wonder about the whole Ten On Tuesday thing. It seems like participation has dropped significantly lately. I’m not sure if I’m coming up with crappy topics or if it has just run it’s course but I’m thinking of letting it go. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- I really really need a pedicure. I almost got one last Friday but I knew I was going back to the beach and the sand just ruins it. Hopefully I can get it done this week but in the meantime I’m ashamed of my toes.
- I’m listening to 11/22/63 by Stephen King and truly enjoying it. It’s long and will probably take over a month to get through but it makes my time in the car fly by.
And that’s all I’ve got for today.