This post has actually posted by accident a couple of times. Might as well go on ahead and publish it before that happens again, huh?
Awright. Here we go with the random.
- The Book Club I started has met a couple of times and it’s been awesome. It’s different than a typical book club in that we don’t all read the same book. Instead, we each spend some time talking about the most recent book we have read. It’s a great way to hear about books and discuss books without any of the pressure of having to read a particular book. Also wine. And food. (as in, that’s a photo of the tart that Sean made for us last week. fantastic)
- I have this thing that happens where I sneeze about 25-30 times in a row. It happens at least a couple of times a month, sometimes a little more frequently. And it happens in all kinds of places – at work, at home, at Kiwanis meetings, at the movies, at a bar, when I’m driving. I’ll tell you, it can be damn inconvenient and sometimes a bit embarrassing.
- Dale and I are planning a trip to Charleston, SC in April. Neither of us have been there before so any recommendations on good restaurants and must sees are welcome. Of course Ft. Sumter is on his list and the beach is on mine. Magnolia Plantation is something we both want to see. We are renting through AirBnB (our first time) and we’re very excited to be going somewhere new.
- Mary and I had a little side bet on this year’s Super Bowl outcome and, as a result of that glorious Pat’s win, Mary sent me an awesome care package of Atlanta goodies and treats. It was full of yummy things to eat and I love that she assembled this for me. And she didn’t even include any sour grapes!
- I’ve now seen all of this year’s Best Picture nominees and I have to say, unlike some years, I’m really okay with any one of the nominated films winning. I think Lion is my favorite but they all have merit and all deserve the recognition.
- Speaking of the movies, the other day when Dale and I went I ordered popcorn and I said, “I’d like a medium black popcorn.” Ummm. Yeah. My name is Carole and I have a Dunkin’ Donuts problem.
- SPA is this weekend and, for the first time ever (even though we talk about it every year) Sharon and I are heading up later today. YASSSSSS.
- That means that my posts through Friday are written and will publish accordingly. And that means you probably won’t get an email from me until next week.
- Just know, and this is a sneak peek for tomorrow’s post, that I love ya more than my luggage.
Over and out.