It's mid-November and it's time to check in with a random post on what's going…
It’s a mixed bag of things around here so you’re getting a mixed bag of a blog post. Hmmm. Let’s see . . .
- I left out this picture of the chicken wings I made over the weekend so that I could share it with you today and not have it mixed in with other weekend type things. They were delicious – sticky and slightly sweet and a little bit crispy. The recipe is from Richard’s Garlic Salt and you can find it here.
- My online drawing class is really awesome. I’m not always sure I’m making progress but Virginia Freyermuth is such an awesome teacher (and she’s married to Richard of Richard’s Garlic Salt, FYI) that even when I think I’m doing everything wrong she reminds me that it’s art and it’s mine and mine alone and there is no wrong or right.
- Did you watch Game of Thrones Sunday night? That opening scene was the bomb! I was bummed that Daenerys didn’t show up until the very end, though, since she’s my favorite. I will admit that I am often confused with who is who and which plot point is which but Dale is pretty good at keeping track and he fills me in when I’m lost.
- Speaking of TV, we are completely behind on House of Cards. Summer is in full swing and we’re spending many of our evenings outside on the deck or socializing with friends and I just can’t bring myself to go inside and watch TV. It’ll still be there when the weather turns.
- I can’t believe it’s past the middle of July and I haven’t been swimming yet this summer. It has rained every Friday we’ve had the opportunity to go to the beach like it’s a great conspiracy. I think we will rectify it this weekend, though, with a trip to the lake with Jo-Ann and Shawn.
- I finally caved and bought an Echo from Amazon. I have been waiting (and waiting!) for Sonos and Amazon to work together so that the Echo can play music on the Sonos speakers because I was worried that if I bought one now I’d need to buy a newer one for that to work. I’m pretty sure that if (when?) it does finally happen it will just be a software upgrade so I went ahead and took the plunge. And since then I’ve added an Echo dot and 5 voice controlled lightbulbs and 3 voice controlled outlets and it’s all “Alexa this” and “Alexa that” and my house all the time. It reminds me of that movie Smart House that Hannah loved so much when she was a kid and it cracks me right up.
- I got another Bingo this week. Yay!
And that’s all the random that’s fit for sharing.