It's mid-November and it's time to check in with a random post on what's going…
There’s a bunch of stuff pinging around in my head right now – to do lists and work things and more. In other words, I’m feeling random! So, there’s not a real theme to this post, just a bunch of things that I want to tell ya.
- I finished my reading challenge on Good Reads last Friday, reading 75 books for the year. I’ll obviously finish more before 2018 is over, I’m guessing it might top out around 80 but it’s hard to say. Last year my total was 78 books. I’ll be sharing more about what I’ve read lately in a future post.
- I commented on Laurie’s blog the other day about the fridge jenga that occurs every time there’s a holiday. She said she’d never heard the expression before and I honestly can’t remember where I heard it first but I think it’s pretty spot on for what happens when you have to cram your fridge full of all the ingredients (and a giant turkey) for a holiday dinner. Pull out the wrong thing and it’s all going to come tumbling down!
- We had Friendsgiving the other day at Sean’s house and it was wonderful. Sean did the majority of the cooking but I made this cranberry salsa and it was terrific. I’m definitely going to be making it again soon.
- I usually cook a turkey on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but I don’t think that’s happening this year. We’ve had to adjust the plans for our Thanksmas gathering with our kids since some of them have to work on Saturday so we’re doing it on Friday and I’m going to emphasize the “mas” part of this holiday and have more Christmas foods like Swedish meatballs, deviled eggs, medwurst and ham.
- It’s not too late to make your turkey gravy in advance. I generally do a mash up of these two versions and it’s a great thing to just have to reheat the gravy and not make it while the turkey is resting.
- We bought an artificial Christmas tree last year and I’m so glad we made the switch. It’s pretty cool to think we can put up the tree any time we want. Maybe this weekend? It means putting away the fall and Christmas stuff, too, because I can’t have both holidays going at once!
- Speaking of Christmas . . . I’m all in for Christmas music and I’m loving it. I’m using Spotify for new playlists but I have my favorites that I go to year after year, too. Plus the app Tinsel and Tunes and the stations on Sirius . . . there’s a lot of music to cover between now and December 25th.
- It’s now been just over 2 weeks since Mason died and I am adjusting. I see him out of the corner of my eye a LOT and the other night I had a dream about him and he was fat and young and playing – and that’s how I think of him now.
What going on – random or otherwise – with you right now?