Lo and behold, I have a finished pair of socks to show you today. Are…
One of the things I unearthed when I cleaned out the craft room before the big redo (I know, pictures, but it’s been raining all week and the light is lousy) was a Chevron Love Slouch Hat kit that I purchased from Knitterly Things last winter. I never had gotten around to knitting it but when I saw it I remembered that I had bought it with Hannah in mind. So, when I finished the slog of that Peace Cowl, I decided something fast and fun was appropriate.
This was fast. And mostly fun. The pattern is easy to follow, the colors are vibrant, and just look at that faux fur pom pom!
My issue, as always, was that the hat was too big when I finished. The dreaded gauge got me again. You’d think I’d have learned after the Baable Hat problem I had last year but nope. And there was just no way I was going to rip this one out and redo because those 7 balls of yarn were a bit fiddly to deal with.
Instead, I picked up around the cast on edge and knit another inch or so of 4×4 rib. I folded that up inside and stitched a casing and threaded some elastic through that casing and wa-la. A hat that fits! And, I have to say, the elastic makes for a very comfortable fit.
I’m happy it’s done, Hannah is happy that she has a new hat just in time for the cold weather, and maybe next time I’ll check my gauge.
And if you believe that . . . you don’t know me very well at all!