I don’t want this blog to be all-corona-all-the-time but also, it’s sort of in my thoughts all-the-time and since my blog is mostly about my thoughts, well, here we are. So. Here are some things I am learning about myself and my routine now that I’m home a lot.
- When left to my natural inclinations my preferred time to sleep is 11pm until 7am. I always thought I was a 10pm until 6am sleeper. Nope.
- The days pass relatively quickly.
- I feel happier when I don’t watch the news much. The same applies to social media.
- Rumors are everywhere. I have to keep reminding myself (and others) to stick to the facts and not jump to conclusions.
- I always assumed that I would exercise more if I had more time at home. Nope. I’m just as bad about making time for it as ever. I’m trying, though, because when I do make time for yoga I feel better for the whole day.
- Dale and I use 2 rolls of toilet paper/week. This is a statistic I never considered important before.
- I should have gotten a haircut over a month ago and I regret that I didn’t make the time. I’m happier than ever about not dyeing my hair, though.
- Seeing daffodils from my kitchen window brings a smile to my face.
- I’m not reading as much as I thought I might. Knitting and television are proving to be better distractions.
- Zoom is a life saver, not just for work meetings but also for socialization. FaceTime is great, too.
- I don’t deal well with uncertainty. I’m pretty sure I already knew this, though!
And those are my thoughts today. Tomorrow I have knitting to show you.