This coming weekend is the big Kiwanis event of the year in my town, Christmas on the Common, and that means a lot of the things on my mind are related to that. There’s the tree lighting tonight and the parade and tree decorating contest on Saturday. But there are other things going on, too, and well, I guess I should just let these lists speak for themselves . . .
Three things I have to do:
- Make apple crisp for the Christmas tree lighting tonight. Better get on this one, quick!
- Organize the forms for the judges of the tree decorating contest. I’m in charge of this for the 2nd year in a row and I don’t want to get too lackadaisical about it so I need to stay on top of it and get things ready.
- Finish the Through the Woods hood for Hannah. I’m pretty sure she will want to wear it to Christmas on the Common on Saturday.
Three things I’m looking forward to:
- The Christmas tree lighting tonight. There will be hot chocolate and caroling and pretty lights and it’s a great way to start the Christmas season.
- Hannah coming home this weekend. I was surprised when she said she wanted to come home again right after Thanksgiving but I also recognize that the appeal is attending Christmas on the Common and has nothing to do with me.
- Riding in the Christmas on the Common parade on Saturday. My father-in-law is Grand Marshal and my sisters-in-law and I are riding with him in the limousine. How cool is that?
Three things I’m thinking about:
- Pinterest. Have you seen this? It’s surely another internet time suck but it’s cool and it’s fun and a great place to keep track of the things you find online that you want to share with others.
- Polio. I just got to the part in the FDR book where he contracted the disease and then I went to a Rotary event the other night and they talked about how hard they are working to eradicate polio through their vaccination program. It’s a horrible and insidious disease and it needs to be stopped.
- Project 365 for 2011. Do I want to do this again or not? I’m leaning towards doing it because it’s a good way to make myself use my camera every day and it also helps with blog stuff when I don’t have something to blog about. On the other hand, it’s a big commitment and I don’t take this sort of thing lightly.
What 3 things are you thinking about today?