Throwing it back to 3 on Thursday with 3 memes that I hope will make…
This is another wall hanging that I made back when I was quilting more frequently. Tiny one-inch strips are used to make the corn and the bow and leaves are applique.
Happy Thanksgiving! Yesterday I made four pies: pumpkin, mincemeat, cranberry-pecan and chocolate cream. I saved the apple for today because it really is best on the day it’s made. In between pie baking I did some more Red Scarf knitting and some spinning, too. But again, not much worth showing the blog. So, I saw this meme over at Knit Think and decided it would make for an appropriate Thanksgiving post.
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I have to say, I enjoy entertaining and would rather cook at my house. However, I don’t cook at home, we go to Lois’.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? I prefer fresh but I get a frozen turkey from work every year.
3. What kind of stuffing? Pepperidge Farm with lots of sage.
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie. And apple pie and mincemeat pie and pecan pie and chocolate cream pie . . .
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? I love me some leftovers. There’s nothing like hot turkey sandwiches for supper on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Homemade cranberry sauce.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Yes, I save the carcass and make soup. Turkey soup is one of the best soups ever.
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? My mom always wished she had two ovens so I’ll go with that. At Christmas I always wish for an extra fridge.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? I really like a candlelit Thanksgiving dinner so I prefer to eat in the late afternoon.
10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring? I bring all the pies. And I love making pie so it’s definitely my favorite dish to bring. I also bring the homemade cranberry sauce.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn’t bring to your house? I don’t have guests but if I did I wouldn’t complain about anything they brought because every little bit helps.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see? There’s no drama with this group. Lois is the closest thing I have to a sister so it’s like being with family. I’m always happy to see everyone.
13. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Ooh, this is tough. I tend to fill my plate with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. I could live without the vegetables, honestly. I suppose my favorite part of the meal is the stuffing.
And I added this one:
14. What are you thankful for this year? I’m thankful that I have a terrific family. They put up with my quirks (yeah, that’s the nice word for it) and love me and support me in everything I want to do. I’m also thankful for the wonderful community I’ve built through this blog. I never expected it but it’s turned out to be an amazing thing.
Now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?