Remember Ten on Tuesday? It’s been over six years since I dropped this weekly theme but I’m bringing it back with a special edition today to list 10 Things I’m Thankful for Right Now.
- Dale. Of course he’s at the top of my list. I’ve always been thankful for his love and the relationship we have but I was never so keenly aware of it as during the pandemic and following his accident.
- My kids and grandkids. This covers not just Hannah, the one I gave birth to, but also Brant and Jessica and Luke, my daughter-in-law, Heather, my son-in-law, Mikey, my unofficial son-in-law, Eryk, and all three grandkids, Patrick, Ambrynn, and Jackie. It was so awesome to have them all together earlier this summer and I’m grateful for the relationship I have with each of them.
- Wonderful and loyal friends. I can’t list them all but I’m so thankful for my OG bestie, Doreen, as well as my town bestie, Jo-Ann. Plus colleagues that are friends and Kiwanians that are friends, and neighbors and so many more. I am truly lucky to have a large circle of people I can count on.
- Our cozy home. It took many years for me to feel like I belong here and, if I’m being perfectly honest, I still sometimes struggle with that. Nevertheless, I’ve made it ours and it’s warm and cozy and welcoming.
- A thorough doctor. I haven’t fill you in completely on some of the things I’ve been dealing with when it comes to my health but I will say a couple of things now. One, I don’t have carpal tunnel and two, I don’t have a tick disease. I do have a doctor who is on top of things, ordering plenty of tests and making sure we figure out all of the things that are going on. I’ve already made some changes that are helping and I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn more and make more positive changes.
- Hobbies that inspire and engage. There’s reading, of course, and also knitting. Plus journaling and using my Cricut and playing Animal Crossings. I’m grateful for all of the things that entertain me.
- Fulfilling work. I’m proud to be a librarian, it’s a noble profession and important institution – now more than ever.
- Community involvement. I truly enjoy serving as a selectman and I’m grateful that the people in my community put their trust in me.
- Science. I’m so grateful for all of the people who worked to create and test and approve vaccines.
- Kittens. I couldn’t leave Fred and George off this list. I am grateful for their snuggles and antics and the fun they have brought to our home.
Happy Ten On Tuesday!
Mary K. in Rockport says
Love it – it’s a grand list!
Personally, I’d add virtual friends. There’s a lot of weird, alarming stuff on the web. There are also terrific, interesting people I would never know otherwise, like a certain knitter librarian.
This beautiful list warms my heart. You truly have so many things to be thankful for, and I’m sure we could all come up with similar lists if we sat down and thought about it.
This is an amazing list, Carole! And this is an excellent week to bring back a bit of 10 on Tuesday!
Thankful for you every morning. Yours is the blog I’ve followed the longest (grateful to Norma for sending me your way).
Thanks for brightening, and a lot of times enlightening, my days!
That list is a wonder with so many different things to be thankful for! (And a great time to re-visit Ten on Tuesday!)
This is a long and illustrious list of things to be thankful for, Carole, and I want to add that I am thankful you continue to blog. I have followed your blog for a long time, and I look forward to it with my morning coffee. You do have a lot to be thankful for, but you brought most of those things into your life, so you have to take some credit for your blessings.