I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on Facebook lately. I like seeing what my friends and family are doing throughout the day. I like seeing photos and updates and books that they are reading. I don’t particularly like all the silly quizzes and games but when I saw this “Getting to Know You” one circulating the other day I thought I could use it as blog fodder. I eliminated a couple of the questions as they didn’t really work for a blog post (as in, who will you tag, who won’t answer, etc) but for the most part this is the original list.
- What time did you get up this morning? 6am
- How do you like your steak? medium
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- What is your favorite TV show? Desperate Housewives
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? anywhere warm.
- What did you have for breakfast? english muffin with peanut butter and banana
- What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican
- What foods do you dislike? liver and lima beans
- Favorite Place to Eat? home
- Favorite dressing? parmesan peppercorn
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? Jeep Wrangler
- What are your favorite clothes? jeans and a flannel shirt
- Where would you visit if you had the chance? Italy
- Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full!
- Where would you want to retire? Plymouth
- Favorite time of day? early morning
- Where were you born? Stoughton, MA
- What is your favorite sport to watch? women’s college basketball
- Bird watcher? definitely!
- Are you a morning person or a night person? morning
- Do you have any pets? yes, a dog and a cat
- Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I think you all already know any news I might have.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Spending summers at the beach with my family.
- Always wear your seat belt? yes, always! See #11.
- Been in a car accident? yes but it was many years ago and I wasn’t driving.
- Any pet peeves? when people use “your” and they should use “you’re”
- Favorite pizza toppings? pepper & onion
- Favorite Flower? tulips
- Favorite ice cream? peppermint stick
- Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Bell
- How many times did you fail your driver’s test? none
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? L.L. Bean
- Do anything spontaneous lately? went to a ball game.
- Broccoli? yes!
- What was your favorite vacation? when Dale and I went to Maine on our honeymoon
- Last person you went out to dinner with? Dale
- What are you listening to right now? The View
- What is your favorite color? red
- How many tattoos do you have? 2 so far
- Coffee Drinker? yes. black, please
And there you have it. Did you learn anything new about me?
Fun! I might have to try this one…
Great Info about you! I love your blog. In the past, I have been using Google reader to follow people’s blog. I’m just realizing how much you miss of someone’s creativity when you follow in a reader.
Katie K says
I didn’t know you were interested in going to Italy.
yup, learned lots of new stuff 🙂
Very fun. We have the same favorite color and pet peeve!
My 2nd tattoo is in the early planning stage right now…
We have the same answer for #13. I finally figured out how to do the “Notes” section on facebook and did this yesterday! It’s fun to see everyone’s answers.
Yep, I did learn some new things. And I’d like to try parmesan peppercorn.
OK – where and what are the tats! That’s news to me. I secretly want one but —-
Only Italy and Mexican food. Oh and the extra tattoo.
Mary K. in Rockport says
Some similarities there, but: liver, lima beans AND tofu; women’s gymnastics; NO tattoos, never, never. So scars count?
I read parmesan peppercorn as parmesan POPcorn. Which I thought sounded very tasty.
Lots and lots of same answers. #30 was the only surprise — the other answers all make sense in the context of your blog personality.
I’m on facebook but more just to keep in touch with a few friends who don’t blog. It is definitely not a good UI for the visually impaired. My favorite college roommate is on it, though, as is a good friend from when I lived in Chicago. That whole paperclip thing, you know? How to maintain friendships across distances…
LL Bean? Really? Out of all the shops in the world? Interesting.
Oh, and I’m hungry now. Thanks so much. :p
I learned that I’m an idiot as I didn’t come to your blog this morning! I also learned that I know you pretty well, friend!
I’ll remember not to serve Lima Beans, should we ever get to meet. That’s ok: DH doesn’t like them, either. Have to get my “lima bean fix” when we eat out.
Oh, I could have used that on my blog today…I had nothing to say – so I just posted 5 photos – four of which I took – and one my daughter took…
Like your list…I agree with lima beans! UGH!
I love watching women’s college b’ball!
Nice list! I learned that we have similar favorite foods. Peppermint stick ice cream is the best and I love Taco Bell, too. Haven’t eaten there much since I started WW, though.
I always imagined you got up much earlier. I do not know why I thought that, but there you go.
This looks like great blog fodder for me – I’ve been stuck on what to write for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for sharing!
I’ve seen that too and I agree that it will make great upcoming blog fodder. And yes, I did learn a little but mostly I learned that I know you pretty well.
It’s nice to get to know you a little better, Carole. Thanks for sharing!!
Tatoos? I think we need pictures 😉
Hey, where did you get your tattoos? I am thinking about one.
Oh, I mean which parlor, not where on your body!
YAY ! I’ll meet you early in the morning – coffe in hand, and we’ll cruise on down to the beach, and NEVER eat lima beans! 😀