Yesterday was 3/14 and that means it was Pi day. Or pie day. It’s no secret that I love pie. I love to eat pie and even more than that I love to make pie. A day to celebrate pie is my kind of day, which brings me to this week’s topic, 10 Favorite Kinds of Pie.
- Blueberry. It’s my absolute favorite, warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream.
- Banana Cream. I make the vanilla pudding from scratch and it’s heavenly. It’s also Dale’s favorite.
- Chocolate Cream. I use Cook ‘n Serve pudding for this because honestly, I can’t tell the difference between that and my own chocolate pudding. The homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top make it extra special.
- Pumpkin. I have to have it at Thanksgiving.
- Pecan. I usually make Cranberry Pecan because it’s Hannah’s favorite but I actually prefer plain ole pecan.
- Lemon Meringue. I have never actually made one of these but my mom made it regularly and I loved it.
- Chicken Pot Pie. Not all pie is for dessert!
- Peanut Butter. It’s rich and decadent and loaded with chocolate and peanut butter – almost like a giant Reese’s.
- Peach. Peeling the fruit is a pain but it’s worth it when the peaches are fresh because a slice of this is like a slice of sunshine.
- Cherry. I used to make a wonderful cherry pie for our reenactments and the soldiers would line up for a slice. Nothing is better than sharing homemade pie with those who love it!
Happy Day After Pi Day!